The Sherbino building has been at the heart of Ridgway since 1915. Since 2012, the beloved Sherbino has been owned and operated by the Ridgway Chautauqua Society and serves as a community hub and year-round venue for diverse events that enrich, entertain, and elevate participants.
With hundreds of events each year and only two part-time staff members, the organization relies on the commitment, vision, and enthusiasm of community volunteers. The building has a front door and a back door, but there are many doorways for getting involved.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED WITH THE SHERBINO
RIDGWAY CHAUTAUQUA SOCIETY MISSION
To embody the Chautauqua tradition by producing programs celebrating lifelong learning, the arts, culture and community.
RIDGWAY CHAUTAUQUA SOCIETY VISION
To exemplify both innovation and history in vibrant community gathering places, advancing the creative and economic vitality of our region.
RIDGWAY CHAUTAUQUA SOCIETY VALUES
- Intellectual & civic engagement
- Collaboration and partnerships
- Local talent and expertise
- Responsible stewardship of resources
LOOKING FOR ARTS & ENRICHMENT CLASSES?
CHECK OUT OUR SISTER ORGANIZATION WEEHAWKEN ARTS FOR A FULL LISTING.
RENT THE SHERBINO
The Sherbino Theater is available for all kinds of private events. Please contact us for more information about scheduling a private event. Click on any event to find out more. Or if you have questions, please give us a call at (970) 318-0892 or send us an EMAIL.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
- Sheelagh Williams: President
- Gary Ratcliff: Vice President
- Patrick O’Leary: Treasurer
- Allison Gelvin: Secretary
- Robb Austin
- Guthrie Castle
- John Clark
- Sue Husch
- Ken Mihelich
- Bob Mann: Emeritus
- Pat Willits: Emeritus
- Ashley King-Grambley: Executive Director (Half-Time/Shared)
- Trisha Oakland: Programs Director: Music, Film, Sherb Talks, Special Events, Travel Talks (Half-Time/Shared)
- Kathleen O’Mara: Artistic Director for Theater (Part-Time/Shared)
- Ryan Sergent: Bar Manager, Tech Director and Private Events Coordinator (Part-Time/Shared)
- Haley Niven: Head Bartender (event-based)
VOLUNTEER WITH THE SHERBINO
Running close to 200 events each year isn’t easy. And, as valuable as the Sherbino staff is to making everything happen, they couldn’t do it without a dedicated team of volunteers. Whether providing governance and oversight as a board member or literally staffing an event, volunteers are the lifeblood of the Sherbino.