The Sherbino building has been at the heart of Ridgway since 1915. Since 2012, the beloved Sherbino has been owned and operated by the Ridgway Chautauqua Society and serves as a community hub and year-round venue for diverse events that enrich, entertain, and elevate participants.
With hundreds of events each year and only two part-time staff members, the organization relies on the commitment, vision, and enthusiasm of community volunteers. The building has a front door and a back door, but there are many doorways for getting involved.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED WITH THE SHERBINO
RIDGWAY CHAUTAUQUA SOCIETY MISSION
To offer and support programs that promote lifelong learning, the arts, culture, community, and embody the Chautauqua tradition while advancing the creative economic vitality of our region.
RIDGWAY CHAUTAUQUA SOCIETY VISION
To create a community with abundant access to inspiring art, music and ideas
RIDGWAY CHAUTAUQUA SOCIETY VALUES
- Intellectual & civic engagement
- Collaboration & partnerships
- Local talent & expertise
- Responsible stewardship of resources
SHERBINO TAGLINE: Ridgway’s Living Room
LOOKING FOR ARTS & ENRICHMENT CLASSES? CHECK OUT OUR SISTER ORGANIZATION WEEHAWKEN ARTS FOR A FULL LISTING.
RENT THE SHERBINO
The Sherbino Theater is available for all kinds of private events. Please contact us for more information about scheduling a private event. Click on any event to find out more. Or if you have questions, please give us a call at (970) 318-0892 or send us an EMAIL.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
- Sheelagh Williams: President
- Sue Husch: Vice President
- Patrick O'Leary: Treasurer
- Emma Kigar: Co-Treasurer
- Allison Gelvin: Secretary
- Lincoln Anderson
- Guthrie Castle
- John Clark
- Ken Mihelich
- Gary Ratcliff
- Jacob Torrey
- Bob Mann: Emeritus
- Pat Willits: Emeritus
- Ashley King: Executive Director (Half-Time/Shared)
- Trisha Oakland: Programs Director: Music, Film, Comedy, Sherb Talks, Special Events (Half-Time/Shared)
- Colin Sullivan: Curator of Storytelling and Director of Theatre (Part-Time/Shared)
- Derek Jones: House Manager and Sound Engineer (Part-Time)
- Kevin Grambley: Bar Manager
VOLUNTEER WITH THE SHERBINO
Running over 150 events each year isn't easy. And, as valuable as the Sherbino staff is to making everything happen, they couldn't do it without a dedicated team of volunteers. Whether providing governance and oversight as a board member or literally staffing an event, volunteers are the lifeblood of the Sherbino.